If you completed classes at any of these universities in the past, you can come back and earn a degree from any of them (even a different one) after applying for readmission, rather than for admission.
1. Choose your degree programAfter being out of school for a while, you’ll need to choose a degree program to begin again, perhaps in the same field, or perhaps something new. If you plan to stay in the area, consider CUC’s face-to-face degree programs or any of the South Dakota public university degree programs available online. If you plan to head to a campus after finishing a semester or two here, consider any of the South Dakota public university degree programs that allow you to start here and finish there.
2. Complete the Readmission Application FormAfter choosing the degree you’d like to pursue, whether face-to-face or online, you can apply to the university that offers that degree by filling out the Readmission Application Form and returning it to CUC’s administrative offices, located on the second floor, 925 E. Sioux Ave in Pierre, SD. Click here for the Readmission Application Form. Click here for a Readmission Checklist you can print out.
3. Pay the Application FeeDrop off the $20 application fee (check or money order made out to the university offering the degree program to which you are applying) at CUC’s administrative offices, located on the second floor, 925 E. Sioux Ave in Pierre, SD.
4. Get More Recent Credits TransferredIf you have completed classes for college credit at any OTHER institutions after your SDSU, USD, DSU, NSU, BHSU, or SDSM&T classes, you’ll need to get those other transcripts sent directly to your selected university’s admissions office. Click on your intended university below for the address:
- Undergraduate Admissions
SDSU Admissions Office, Box 511
Brookings, SD 57007
- USD Admissions
414 E Clark
Vermillion, SD 57069
- NSU Admissions Office
Dacotah Hall Room 101
1200 South Jay Street
Aberdeen, SD 57401
- BHSU Admissions
Office of Admissions
1200 University Street
Spearfish, SD 57799
- Admissions Office, SDSM & T
501 East St. Joseph Street,
Mineral Industries Building, Room 235
Rapid City, SD 57701-3995
- DSU Office of Admissions
820 N. Washington Ave.
Madison, SD 57042
If time is short, ask the registrar(s) to fax the transcripts as well as mail them. The fax numbers are listed below:
SDSU Fax: 605-688-6891 USD Fax: 605-718-4021 NSU Fax: 605-626-2587 BHSU Fax: 605-642-6254 SDSM&T Fax: 605-394-1979 DSU Fax: 605-256-5020
- Undergraduate Admissions
5. Other Items to Supply* If you have not finished an English Composition course and a College Algebra course yet in your college career, and/or if the university accepting you requires it, you may need to make arrangements to take the ACCUPLACER exam at CUC with their direction as a returning student.
* If your past history in one of the South Dakota public universities did not end well, you may want to include a letter of explanation with your readmission application. Contact CUC for advice on what to include in this letter (605-773-2160).
6. Financial AidIf you are concerned about tuition costs, consider applying for federal financial aid. For more information about completing the FAFSA online, see the financial aid section of our website or contact CUC’s Financial Aid Coordinator at 605-773-3023.
What comes next?
Upon receiving notification of your acceptance, call CUC (605-773-2160) to arrange an office visit to register for classes and complete the New Student Checklist.
For more information, use the Contact CUC form in the lower right corner of this page to get some answers within 24 business hours. Or call us (M-F, 8 am-5 pm) at 605-773-2160, or email us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help.